The Yang Family public set is one of the best low-impact exercises ever devised. Beginners can pick up the basic movements quickly, but it takes a long time to understand the internals. The 108 Tai Chi Chuan system requires a daily commitment, but, if practiced diligently the health benefits are noticeable fairly quickly. The Tai Chi teacher that I learned from, Master Li, focused on the health benefits of tai chi, as opposed to the fighting aspects. The outdoor Tai Chi class in Letterkenny has started up again for the summer. Come find your flow.
Thursday Morning Tai Chi Class in Dobhair , North West Donegal.
Join us for Thursday morning Tai Chi class in Dobhair at 11:00. In the summertime we meet on the beach.
Beginners, intermediate and all levels, Tai Chi and Chi Kung. We practice the first part of the Yang 108 Public Form as well as the 8 Pieces Brocade, Ba Duan Jin, chi kung set. We focus on chi kung and health in this class, influenced by the methods and interests of the class founder Charlie Cullen.
Here are some of the health benefits of Tai Chi, especially if practiced outdoors:
- Tai chi improves your balance, especially by increasing leg strenght and improving posture.
- Tai chi warm-ups and form practice increase flexibility and range of motion.
- Yang-style Tai Chi breathing deepens and relaxes the breath.
- Tai chi push hands training develops the ability to use the ground as leverage.
- Dedicated Tai Chi training gently tones and strengthens the body evenly.
More about the benefits of Tai Chi and how to get them.
Read More about my experience as Tai Chi teacher in Donegal.